PDA

View Full Version : Re: What the hell is a 3Dlabs Wildcat VP990 Pro 512MB AGP 4x/8x?

Luc Monod
July 19th 05, 01:08 PM
Great cards for CAD/CAE & medical imaging software packages, but they've
never listened to the professionals that enjoy playing games once in a
while...
They seem a bit slow in the mid-range prof. market, only their highest
Wildcat card is PCI-Express, probably one of the most powerful prof. card
available out
there("http://3dlabs.com/products/product.asp?prod=293&page=6").

I've come to the conclusion that until 3Dlabs changes its mentality (I
begged them for years to get DirectX support in their drivers), I'll be
sticking to Nvidia QuadroFX's for CAD/Gaming solutions (too many bugs with
the FireGL on certain MCAD software's).

--
Luc Monod
Patt-Technologies, Inc.

"Doug" > wrote in message
m...
> Is this a vid-card made for graphics designers/ACAD professionals? Is it
> any good for gaming? Does 3dLabs make any gaming video card chipsets?
>
> --
> there is no .sig

First of One
July 20th 05, 11:52 PM
As you should. :-) However, higher-end Quadros are not cheap nowadays.