PDA

View Full Version : Gigabyte dual-6800GT card beats 7800GTX

Cuzman
July 19th 05, 02:59 AM
Some interesting benchmarks at http://www.hkepc.com/hwdb/3d1-68gt-4.htm
.. They could have at least tested it with an FX-57 though.

Surely this is the fastest card in the world, but I doubt they'll sell a
great deal. You'll probably need an Extended-ATX case to fit one in. I
wonder how loud it is too.

First of One
July 19th 05, 04:14 AM
According to the Chinese text, pricing for the 6800GT-3D1 is yet to be
released, but it is expected to be more expensive than a single 7800GTX. I
wonder how it'll compare to two conventional 6800GT cards.

Interestingly the 7800GTX pulls ahead in HL2. Anandtech once mentioned
something about the game being shader-constrained rather than
bandwidth-constrained.

Think it's technically possible to produce the 6800 3D1 with an AGP
interface?...