PDA

View Full Version : 6800GT and no video display..DESPARATE

Paul Currie
July 17th 05, 02:15 AM
Just installed a 6800GT into a ASUS A8N SLI deluxe motherboard and no
output, any and all help welcome

Chuck
July 17th 05, 04:36 AM
If I remember correctly, this board is a dual SLI slot board, and has a
specific slot that is used for single video card operation. In addition,
there was another detail or two. Look at the MB manual.
"Tony" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 19:15:24 -0600, Paul Currie > wrote:
>
>>Just installed a 6800GT into a ASUS A8N SLI deluxe motherboard and no
>>output, any and all help welcome
>

> Check that the card is fully In the slot.

guess
July 17th 05, 04:57 AM
Make sure that you have plugged in the molex power connector to the card. If
you don't, you get no picture.

"Tony" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 19:15:24 -0600, Paul Currie > wrote:
>
>>Just installed a 6800GT into a ASUS A8N SLI deluxe motherboard and no
>>output, any and all help welcome
>

> Check that the card is fully In the slot.

Cuzman
July 17th 05, 11:46 AM
Paul Currie wrote:

" Just installed a 6800GT into a ASUS A8N SLI deluxe motherboard and no
output, any and all help welcome "

Is this a new build or an upgrade? Do you know whether the A8N-SLI
works in the first place? Is the 6800GT new, or did you get it from
someone else?

My advice would be...

1. Unplug the system from the mains
2. Remove the 6800GT and system RAM
3. Set the motherboard's SLI jumpers correctly
4. Make sure you know which PCI-E slot to use
5. Plug the 6800GT back in, attatching the molex connector
6. Reset the motherboard CMOS
7. Put the system RAM back in the motherboard
8. Plug it back into the mains

Try it again.

Jerodequin
July 17th 05, 01:29 PM
"guess" > wrote in message
> Make sure that you have plugged in the molex power connector to the card.
> If you don't, you get no picture.

Not true at all, the card runs in a suboptimal 'low power' mode without the
extra power conntector. (if you have nvidia drivers installed, they will
tell you as much when you boot into windows and advise you to attach the
additional connector)