PDA

View Full Version : at7-max2 cpu upgrade woes

The Dead Senator
January 27th 04, 06:48 AM
Hello!
I've been trying to upgrade my Abit board for quite some time now, but
it seems like it's very fickle about what I put in it. It had been
operating on an XP1700+ just fine, but the first XP2000 I put in it only
posted twice @ 1250Mhz and then never again. The second 2000 I tried
worked. Yippee! I now have a XP2100+ that will come up as a 1500, but
refuses to post on the proper setting. It seems to sense the proper
voltage (1.75) for the automatic setting in bios, but no love is found
upon reboot. Pop the 2000 back in and all is right with the world. Is
this a common problem with this mobo?
I've already upgraded the bios to the latest rev, so that doesn't seem
to hold the answer. I did use the Winders bios tool...should I try the
boot disk method? Dunno if'n it would work, but I can't come up with
anything else to try without thinking of firearms...

Halp!

Thanks,

DS